- The U.S. Postal Service reports that this week is expected to be the busiest week for the holiday mailing and shipping season
- Three billion pieces of mail, including packages, are being processed and delivered this week alone!
- The postal service has released shipping deadlines if you want your packages to get where they’re going on time
But if you really want your package at its destination before Christmas, you really need to pay attention to deadlines because they are coming up fast. Here are the postal service’s recommended deadlines, although that doesn’t actually guarantee your package will be there when you want it.
- December 20 – First-Class Mail (including greeting cards)
- December 20 – First-class Packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- December 20 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- December. 20 – Priority Mail
- December 20 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- December 22 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail Express
- December 22 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail Express
- December 22 – Priority Mail Express